Facts for schools
National Human Trafficking Resource Center (NHTRC)
The National Human Trafficking Resource Center (NHTRC) can provide training and technical assistance on a range of topics, including but not limited to:
Freedom Network Training Institute
- General information on human trafficking
- Human trafficking criminal networks
- Overview of the anti-trafficking field in the US
- Overview of US government efforts to combat trafficking
- Legal definitions of human trafficking
- Current laws and policies (federal and state)
- Immigration remedies for trafficking survivors
- Serving victims of human trafficking
- Direct and community outreach
- Task force, coalition-building and other collaborative efforts
- Local referral processes
- Overview of existing shelter models and residential facilities
- Victim identification strategies
- Development of anti-trafficking protocols
- Demand reduction strategies
- Public awareness-raising efforts
The mission of the Freedom Network Training Institute (FNTI) is to uphold and enforce the human rights principle that all human beings have the right to live free from forced labor, slavery and servitude. The FNTI holds the core belief that collaboration among the trafficked person, law enforcement, social service providers and community organizations is central to the problem of modern day slavery for both prevention and elimination.
The FNTI is the training arm of the larger Freedom Network USA, a group of over 25 member organizations engaged in a critical and immediate struggle to free those who are held captive here in the United States and work towards long-term strategic systemic changes to better protect workers. These organizations provide advocacy, direct social and legal services and inform policy throughout the country.
FCAHT Outreach and Training Program
As part of FCAHT's mission to bring human trafficking to the forefront of law enforcement, service providers and community organizations and to form partnerships among communities to fight this horrific crime, FCAHT offers trainings and outreach free of charge.
Helping other communities form their own task forces, coalitions and community partnerships is one of the primary missions of FCAHT and assistance is offered at no cost directly to agencies and community groups interested in learning from other programs. Our presentation can be from 20-60 minutes and our trainings from 1/2 day to full day. Our programs are tailored to the specific audience. FCAHT will also continue to provide your agency with technical assistance at no cost. Our training video library includes trainings, documentaries and human trafficking movies from many countries around the world.
FCAHT's trainers have been working with human trafficking victims since the 1990's and have been recognized nationally and internationally.